CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

GOODBYE JEEP, HELLO CHEAP...









Since we've had some sisterly inquiries about the "new" car, I thought I would post a little information about losing a member of the family, Ruby the Jeep. Yes, she is gone...in the hands now of some young heartbreaker name Coley. He visited us one last time after owning Ruby for about a week...he couldn't wait to show Bennett all of the changes and upgrades he had made (salt in the wound!!!). Bennett handled this well...his only comment was that he wished he would have met and befriended the guy sooner so that he could have gotten him to work on the jeep while B was the owner!


So now Bennett is cruisin' around Raleigh in his Honda Civic. Much less fancy. I tried to console him by suggesting in a Fast and Furious type way that he could accessorize it and drive it up and down Capital Blvd (Route 1 for all you MD people--yes the SAME road that runs through COLLEGE PARK wooo hooo!) with all the other guys late at night. Not sure he's gonna do that. Instead Bennett now enjoys doing math calculations on a daily basis figuring up how many miles more per gallon he's getting than before. Plus he's becoming a book on cd guy so if you have any good suggestions let us know.


For those of you who know Bennett well it is no surprise that there is a new car in the family. After all, he did buy the jeep almost 2.5 years ago (while I was out of town ahem...). So you know it was time. Here's a little car history on Bennett:


First car: Hand me down 1983 Wise family Van (I'm not talking minivan, the real big one with curtains)
2nd: Red 1987 Nissan Pulsar (April loaned him the money--that was nice of you April!)
3rd: 1994 Nissan Pathfinder (right after he graduated UMCP? Remember the cool stripes?)
4th: Yamaha motorcycle (Mom Wise I had nothing to do with this)
5th: 1999 Honda Accord 2 door (Right before we married)
6th: 1999 Acura TL (he ditched this one when I spilled grapefruit juice in the console and we never got rid of the stickiness)
7th: 2002 Acura MDX
8th: 1999 Honda Civic
9th: Honda Accord 4 door (2002?)
10th: 2004 Honda Pilot (now my car)
11th: 2004 Jeep Rubicon
12th: Honda Civic (2006 I think)


So there you have it. 12 vehicles in 17 years. Needless to say we learn not to get attached. Bennett, I hope I got all of the cars in there. If I didn't add a comment!




6 comments:

the cochrans said...

I love the car geneology!! Too bad you don't have pictures to post of each one!

Janet said...

You made me count up ours. 7 in 12 years! That doesn't seem very good either. Can't imagine going back to horse and buggy days, but cars can certainly get us in the pocket book!

I like that new car!

Janet said...

Also....that is just hilarious that you drove a regular, big van as a hand me down.

My parents gave us their Previa mini-van before we ever had kids. It was free so - why not!

The Palmer Family said...

Bennett, please accept our condolences on your loss of Ruby. We're sure you'll have another Jeep some day. After the girls go off to college you can be the cool Dad in the Jeep that comes to visit them!

Anonymous said...

RUBY!!!!!!!!! We feel your pain and like your new car smell.

Anonymous said...

APRIL SAID...
Please have it on record that perhaps MY first car should be counted in Bennett's listing, as Bennett acted in many ways as the owner, giving it it's first ... well....just ask Bennett about that one. :-) Love you little Bruther!!