CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Here, fishy fishy!

Growing up I loved to fish. I don't know why, but I did. Wanting to share this love with the girls, I took them to Aunt Vallie and Uncle Jeddie's last week for a little fishing trip. It was so fun!

The night before we left we spent an hour with our Barbie fishing poles learning to cast out in the Secret Garden, and they were GREAT at it. The day of the trip we stopped in Wake Forest to buy worms (after an unsuccessful yard search) to the amusement of several good ol' boys in Keith's Bait and Tackle convenience store.

After a yummy Aunt Vallie meal, we walked with the goats through the pasture to the pond.





We had extra hook baiters on hand, too. Along with my Aunt and Uncle, my cousins Kyle and Jamie showed up to help!




Mary Claire caught her first fish in about 30 seconds. Can you tell how excited she is?





Can I hold it?



Soon after, Elle caught her first fish. She was amused when I asked her if she wanted to hold it.




The girls caught about 25 fish in an hour and a half. As soon as the worm was dropped into the water, the bobber would disappear and the excitement would begin! My uncle's pond is literally FULL of fish who have not seen a free meal in years, and we fooled them all! I don't think they will ever be able to fish anywhere else though--they are super spoiled now. I can't even imagine the frustration I will have to deal with when they don't catch a fish every five minutes!




We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Christina said...

FUN! I can't believe how many they caught! That is a great first experience for them even if they will be spoiled they will always have the memory that they were the best fisher's when they were younger! ;o)

Sherri said...

25! WOW! That's amazing. I still can't even look at a worm. Evan picked up a dead one yesterday, studied it curiously, and then asked, "What's this?" When I told him, he shrieked and threw it as fast as he could. I'm afraid I've passed on my fear to him.