CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Hitchhiker Waxes Philosophic



This weekend, we purchased two "hitchhiker" bikes, little half bikes that attach to our bikes. This has opened up a whole new world for us! The four of us have been exploring ever since...believe it or not, there are parts of our neighborhood we are now seeing for the first time! The girls love it, and are so content and happy on the back, and can choose to pedal and "help out" or sit back and enjoy the ride. There is one drawback, however...I am not such a great biker, or maybe I am just extremely out of shape, but Mary Claire likes to ask deep questions while I attempt to get the both of us up hills. Yesterday, she asked, "Mommy what if one day I am a widow?" (Can you tell we recently watched The Sound of Music?) My response was, pant...pant..."Do we have" pant...pant..."to talk about this NOW?"

5 comments:

The Barrick Times said...

Haha! That's so funny... what a great idea! It reminds me of the tandem bike days.

Heather said...

that is SO cool!! where did you get those?

Christina said...

What a cool invention! It probably gets them used to the balance of riding their own bike with no training wheels! I'm way too cool to wear a helmet though! ;o)

anthonyandbeth said...

SO FUN!!!! i remember running those hills with you, can't imagine them on a bike! i bet you all look SO cute exploring the neighborhood! :)

Sonja Martin said...

I love the philosophical questions! I'm getting those a lot these days!